|YIELDS: 10 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 2 hours||TOTAL TIME: 2 hrs 20 mins|
2 red onions, thinly sliced
2 cups red wine vinegar + 1/2 cup for the vinaigrette
2 heads green cabbage, cores removed and thinly sliced
4 jalapenos, seeds removed and thinly sliced
1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 pinch salt
1 cup olive oil
- Place the sliced onions in a large bowl and cover with the red wine vinegar. Let stand for about 20-30 minutes.
- Combine the cabbage, jalapenos, and parsley in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and a pinch of salt.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Strain the red wine vinegar from the onions and add the onions to the cabbage mixture.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and mix well with your hands.
- Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.