|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 25 mins|
1 tbsp water
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp soy sauce
4 cloves minced garlic
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp oyster sauce
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp honey (optional) but suggested
1 lb boneless chicken (cut into 1-inch pieces
½ cup roasted unsalted cashews
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
2 medium carrots peeled and thinly sliced
½ large white onion, cut into slices
4 oz mushrooms
1 small bunch scallions, just green cut into 4 inch pieces
2 tbsp oil (avocado, sunflower or grapeseed)
1 tbsp sesame oil
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken with 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, 1 tablespoon of cold water, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, and set aside to marinate while you prepare the sauce.
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl, stir together 3 tablespoons cold water, 4 tablespoons soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. When combined, add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil; set aside for later.
- Add the last teaspoon of toasted sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cashews and roast the nuts for roughly 1-2 minutes or until toasted; remove to a bowl, and set aside for later.
- Kick the heat up to medium-high, add the 2 tablespoons of oil, when heated through, add the marinated chicken and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Cook the chicken for 1-2 minutes or until about halfway done.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots, white onions and continue to cook until the chicken is no longer pink and the veggies are cooked. Drizzle with the prepared sauce, stir to combine.
- When the sauce has thickened, add the scallions and the cashews to the skillet.
- Serve warm over jasmine rice.
Recipe inspired by: LITTLEspiceJAR