|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 25 mins|
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 lb cooked or smoked lamb, cubed
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 celery stalks, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup tomato paste
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
4 cups beef broth
1 splash red wine
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 sprig fresh rosemary
2 bay leaves
3 small yams, peeled and cubed
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode and heat coconut oil until hot.
- Sauté the onion, carrot, and celery until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, tomato paste, cumin, and paprika. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lamb to the pot along with the beef broth, red wine, Worcestershire, rosemary, bay leaves, and yams.
- Set Instant Pot to stew mode and cook for 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can use a Dutch oven or large pot. Just bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the lamb and yams are tender.
- Remove the rosemary and bay leaves. Whisk together the cornstarch and water and stir into the soup to thicken.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.