|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 45 mins||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr|
1 small-medium whole chicken
Rub with Love seasoning (I like the chicken, pork, and steak), Heffer Dust, or your favorite seasoning
Cauliflower-Wild Mushroom Risotto
2 cups wild mushrooms
2 tbsp olive oil
Garlic powder, ground ginger, chili powder, salt, pepper
2 tbsp butter
¼ cup minced onion
2 tsp minced garlic
1 bag riced cauliflower
2 cups chicken stock
Dried basil, dried parsley, salt, pepper
½ cup shredded parmesan
½ cup shredded asiago
- Preheat grill to 425°F.
- To spatchcock, or butterfly the chicken, place the chicken breast side down with the neck and wings toward you. Using kitchen shears, cut along either side of the backbone to remove. Discard with the giblets or place in a zip top bag and freeze them for stock.
- Turn the chicken over so it’s breast side up, and press down hard over the breast bone to flatten.
- Loosen the skin over the breast and thighs and season generously with dry rub under and all over the skin. (You can also add citrus and herbs, if desired.)
- Grill the chicken for about 45 minutes, flipping once, until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
- For the risotto, place the wild mushrooms in an oven-safe dish and toss with the olive oil. Season to taste with garlic powder, ground ginger, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the mushrooms on the grill with the chicken for about 30 minutes, until softened and browned. Remove from heat and roughly chop.
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the riced cauliflower and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock, bring to a boil, and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with dried basil, dried parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir in the cheeses and continue simmering for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped mushrooms and serve!