|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 6 hrs||TOTAL TIME: 6 hrs 10 mins|
3 lbs corned beef brisket
½ cup black pepper
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 packet pickling spice
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp white vinegar
¼ cup sugar
1 lemon, juiced
1 red cabbage
1 green cabbage
Your favorite sauces/mustards for serving
- To prepare the corned beef, combine the black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and pickling spice in a small bowl and mix well.
- Generously sprinkle the spice mixture over both sides of the corned beef brisket.
- Smoke the corned beef brisket at about 225°F for 4-6 hours.
- To make the coleslaw, combine the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, white vinegar, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Cut each cabbage into quarters and remove the core.
- Thinly slice the cabbage quarters and add to a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the sliced cabbage and mix well with hands.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Thinly slice the smoked corned beef and pile it atop the burger buns.
- Finish the sandwiches with your favorite condiments and toppings. (Sriracha aoli, stone ground mustard, regular yellow mustard, and sauerkraut are all great options!)
- Serve the coleslaw on the side or try it on top of your sandwich. The choice is yours!