|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
8 oz brown rice pad Thai noodles
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup fresh lime juice
2 tbsp + 2 tsp honey
1 tbsp red chili paste (or Sriracha if you want it spicier)
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 large shallot, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup snow peas, trimmed and strings removed
2 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- Fill a large dish with hot water and soak the noodles according to the package instructions, usually 8-10 minutes. Drain, rinse with cool water, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lime juice, red chili paste, and fish sauce. Set aside.
- Place the shrimp, beaten eggs, vegetables, noodles, and sauce by the stove along with an empty mixing bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the shrimp and cook for 90 seconds, until the shrimp are just turning bright pink and opaque. Transfer to the empty mixing bowl.
- Return the pan to heat and pour in the beaten eggs. Scramble with a spatula, breaking into small curds, until just set, about 30-45 seconds. Transfer to the bowl with the shrimp.
- Add the remaining coconut oil to the pan. Once simmering, add the shallot, garlic, carrots, and snow peas and sauté for 2 minutes, until just tender.
- Add the noodles and about half the sauce to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, tossing until the noodles have softened and absorbed most of the sauce.
- Add the shrimp and eggs back to the pan along with the remaining sauce and cook for about 1 minute, until everything is heated through.
- Immediately transfer to a large serving dish.
- Garnish with bean sprouts, fresh cilantro, peanuts, and lime wedges.