|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 50 mins||TOTAL TIME: 55 mins|
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 sweet yellow onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp curry powder
1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
½ cup white wine or chicken stock
1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
4 sea bass or halibut filets (or other flaky, white fish - can also try this with shrimp or calamari!))
Salt and pepper, to taste
Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and curry powder and sauté for about 1 minute, until softened.
- Stir in the coconut milk and white wine (or chicken stock). Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for about 40-45 minutes, until thickened.
- Add the carrot and continue simmering while you cook the fish.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler.
- Season the sea bass/halibut filets with salt and pepper and broil for about 8 minutes, until tender and flaky.
- Plate the fish and spoon the curry sauce over the top.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve with additional curry sauce on the side. Goes great with coconut rice and sautéed spinach!