|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 25 mins|
4 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into quarters
2 small yellow onions, cut into quarters
6 cloves garlic, peeled
3 serrano chili peppers (only use 1 or 2 for a milder salsa)
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
¼ cup cilantro
1 tbsp lime juice
- Preheat your oven's broiler and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and chili peppers onto the baking sheet and toss with the vegetable oil.
- Broil until charred, about 10-15 mins, watching closely so you don't burn them.
- Transfer the vegetables and their juices to a food processor. Add the salt and cumin and pulse until slightly chunky.
- Add the cilantro and lime juice and continue pulsing until the cilantro is chopped.
- Taste and adjust seasoning and/or add more lime juice, if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with tortilla chips!