|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 1 hr 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 15 mins|
4 Fuji apples, cored
4 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup your favorite whiskey
vanilla ice cream or whipped Greek yogurt, for serving
Cast iron skillet
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place your cored apples in a cast iron skillet and fill with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon and drizzle of maple syrup. Top each with about 1 tablespoon brown sugar and bake for 1 hour, until softened but not mushy.
- Remove from the oven and carefully slice the apples.
- Add about 1/4 cup (or more) of whiskey to the pan along with some maple syrup and pumpkin spice to taste.
- Place over medium-high heat and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Serve alongside vanilla ice cream or whipped Greek yogurt. Enjoy!