|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 14 mins||TOTAL TIME: 29 mins|
Steak & Marinade
2 lbs hanger steak
2 tbsp canola oil
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce (I used tamari)
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp minced ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
toasted white sesame seeds, for garnish
thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
⅓ cup mayonnaise
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and julienned
1 cucumber, julienned
1 cup cabbage kimchi w/ juices, chopped
2 large bowls
- In a large bowl, combine the canola oil, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and shallot. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the steak to the bowl and marinate for 15 minutes.
- While the steak marinates, prepare the slaw. Combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar in a large bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the apple, cucumber, and kimchi. Season with a pinch of salt, mix well, and set aside.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high and lightly oil the grates.
- For medium-rare, grill the steak for about 5-7 minutes per side, until an internal temperature of 125-130°F is reached.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the hanger steak against the grain, garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, and serve with some of the apple-cucumber-kimchi slaw on the side. Enjoy that goodness!