|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
1 lb ground lamb
1 tbsp carne asada seasoning (adjust to taste)
3 cups shredded cabbage
½ cup shredded carrots
3 tbsp champagne vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Tortillas, for serving
Diced tomatoes or sliced grape tomatoes, for serving
Cotija cheese, for serving
Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground lamb and season with carne asada seasoning. Cook until browned, about 7-10 minutes.
- While the lamb cooks, toss the shredded cabbage and carrots with the champagne vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the lamb is nicely browned, remove from heat, drain off any excess fat and cover to keep warm.
- Heat your tortillas either in the microwave or in a dry skillet for a few seconds.
- Assemble the tacos with a little bit of slaw, then the ground lamb, diced tomatoes, a generous sprinkle of cotija cheese, and garnish with cilantro.