|YIELDS: 2 Servings||PREP TIME: 3 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 13 mins|
2 cups roasted marinara sauce
Grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Truffle oil, for drizzling (optional)
Roasted Marinara Sauce
4 lbs ripe tomatoes, quartered
1 small yellow onion, quartered
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt, to taste
- For the roasted marinara, preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place the quartered tomatoes and onion onto a large baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer everything to a large bowl.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until mostly smooth. (Alternatively, you can transfer everything to a blender and blend until mostly smooth.)
- To prepare the eggs, preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease two individual baking dishes/ramekins.
- Pour about 1 cup of roasted marinara into each baking dish then carefully crack an egg into the center of the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the dishes on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven to bake until the egg white is cooked but the yolk is still runny.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with truffle oil (if desired).
- Serve with toast and enjoy!