|YIELDS: 2 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
½ cup flour (I used Cup4Cup Gluten-Free Flour)
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup milk
Canola oil for greasing the pan
Maple or date syrup for serving
Cocoa powder for dusting
3 tbsp unsalted butter
¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 cups fresh berries (I used cherries, blueberries, and blackberries)
- Combine the flour, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, vanilla extract, and milk in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Spray a large pan with canola oil and heat over medium heat.
- Pour half of the crepe batter into the pan and spread out until even.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until bubbles begin to appear, then flip and cook another 2 minutes. Remove from pan and repeat with the remaining batter.
- For the berry compote, heat the butter, brown sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium-low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the fresh berries and mix well.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the berries begin to break down and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Top the crepes with the berry compote and drizzle with maple or date syrup and/or dust with cocoa powder, if desired. Serve and enjoy!