|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 25 mins|
1 ¾ cups flour (I used Cup4Cup gluten-free flour)
¼ cup cocoa powder (I used a combination of cocoa and cacao powder)
3 tbsp sugar (I used organic cane sugar)
4 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups milk (I used almond milk)
½ cup oil
Almond butter, peanut butter, or tahini for topping
Maple syrup for topping
Chocolate shavings for garnish
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, milk, and oil.
- Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spray waffle iron with canola oil spray to prevent sticking, fill with 1/4 - 1/3 cup of batter (depending on the size of your waffle iron), and cook for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Top with your choice of nut butter (I used tahini and it was awesome!), drizzle with maple syrup, and garnish with chocolate shavings. Bon appétit!