|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 35 mins||TOTAL TIME: 45 mins|
1 package spaghetti noodles, cooked according to the package instructions
1 tbsp olive oil
12 oz Boars Head chicken sausage (or your favorite Italian sausage), sliced
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 serrano pepper, diced
1 cup cubed eggplant
1 cup sliced summer squash
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
4 lbs ripe tomatoes, quartered
1 small yellow onion, quartered
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place the quartered tomatoes and onion onto a large baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer everything to a large bowl.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until mostly smooth. (Alternatively, you can transfer everything to a blender and blend until mostly smooth.)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggplant, squash, and serrano pepper and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes and sliced sausage. Season to taste with salt and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the marinara and simmer for about 5 minutes, until everything is bubbly and heated through.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles and enjoy!