|YIELDS: 3 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 5 mins||TOTAL TIME: 10 mins|
⅓ cup sugar
⅓ cup water
8 maraschino cherries
8 orange slices
6 oz bourbon
juice of 3 lemons
frothed egg white (optional)
orange slices, for garnish
- To make the simple syrup, combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool.
- To make the bourbon sours, in a large cocktail shaker, muddle the cherries and oranges into the simple syrup.
- Add the bourbon, lemon juice, and a scoop of ice.
- Shake well and strain into three lowball glasses filled with ice.
- Top with frothed egg white, if desired, and garnish with orange slices. Cheers!