|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 40 mins|
2 lbs Black Cod
½ cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
⅓ cup sugar
¼ cup sake
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic minced
Fresh tofu, slice thick
Roasting pan with rack
- For the black cod, preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar, sake, ginger, lemon, and garlic in a saucepan and bring to boil then simmer for 8 minutes until it thickens a bit.
- Place cod on a rack in a roasting pan and pour the sauce over the top.
- Place in the preheated oven for 6 minutes then turn on BROIL for 3 more minutes.
- Pull out of the oven and top with fresh ginger, scallions and sesame seeds! Serve with sautéed spinach and tofu.
- For the tofu, wash the goji berries, pat dry and set aside.
- Add 1 cup water to the instant pot.
- Place tofu slices in a glass or metal dish and top with ginger slices and goji berries. Save some ginger slices for later.
- Place the dish onto the metal wire basket accessory and lower it into the instant pot.
- Press steam and adjust pressure to LOW and time (use minus button) to 2 minutes.
- Dissolve some soy sauce and sugar and set aside. I don’t ever measure but I would guess it’s about 4-5 tablespoons of soy sauce and maybe 1 teaspoon of sugar. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Once the instant pot is done, release all the steam out of the pressure valve fully before opening lid, then take the dish out.
- Over the stove, heat up a little oil until really hot. Turn heat off.
- Place the remaining fresh ginger slices on the tofu (and scallions if you are using them) and pour the hot oil all over the ginger (and scallions).
- Add soy sauce and sugar mixture to the hot pan on the stove and let it bubble but not burn or it will stick to the pan. Pour sizzling soy sauce all over ginger.