|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
Gluten-Free Pizza Dough
1 Caputo Gluten Free Flour (1 kilo / 1 bag)
3 ⅓ cups cold water
5 tsp salt
5 tsp olive oil
2 ¼ tsp Rapid Rise instant yeast (1/4 oz packet)
10 oz cooked chicken, shredded
½ cup + 2 tbsp your favorite BBQ sauce
1 ¼ cups shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
¼ cup thinly sliced red or sweet onion
⅓ cup shredded mozzarella
¼ cup sliced roasted red peppers
½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Mix yeast and water together in the bowl of a stand mixer affixed with the dough hook attachment. (Alternatively, you can use a hand mixer with dough hook attachments.)
- Add flour to the mixer and mix on low for about 1 minute.
- Once combined, increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the side of the bowl.
- Add salt and mix on low for 1 minute then increase speed to high and mix for 2 minutes.
- Stop mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the olive oil.
- Mix on low for 1 minute then increase speed to high for 2 minutes.
- Final product will be tacky/sticky, like frosting.
- Cut into 4 equal size (400 grams) balls and wrap in plastic wrap. (Oil your hands when handling the dough, it helps the dough not stick.)
- Refrigerate for 8-24 hours, to let the dough form.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 475°F.
- Flatten the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle, creating a thicker rim for the crust. Carefully transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet or pizza stone and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the shredded chicken and 1/2 cup BBQ sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spread the remaining 2 tbsp BBQ sauce onto the dough then sprinkle the smoked mozzarella on top.
- Top with the shredded chicken, followed by the sliced onions, cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers, bacon, and shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. (If you feel like the cheese and edges need to be a little more browned, you can broil for the last minute or two.)
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, slice, and serve!