|YIELDS: 12 Servings||PREP TIME: 25 mins||COOK TIME: 12 mins||TOTAL TIME: 37 mins|
2 lbs ground pork
2 tbsp potato starch + additional, if needed
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mushroom soy sauce
1 ½ tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp ground ginger
Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
1 lb ground shrimp
2 cans water chestnuts, finely chopped
½ cup cooked and chopped bok choy
1 package potsticker wrappers
2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- To prepare the filling, combine the ground pork, egg, potato starch, soy sauce, mushroom soy sauce, oyster sauce, cooking wine, honey, avocado oil, and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Mix until combined, then stir in the ground shrimp. If the mixture is too loose, stir in a bit more potato starch to thicken it. (It should hold its shape when pinched together.)
- Stir in the chopped water chestnuts and bok choy. Thicken with potato starch or loosen with water, if needed.
- Preheat a bit of oil in a large skillet and cook a bit of the mixture to taste test.
- Taste the cooked mixture and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- To make the dumplings, have your potsticker wrappers, filling, and a bowl of water handy.
- Dab a bit of water around the edge of a wrapper and spoon about a tablespoon of filling in the center.
- Pinch the edges closed. (Practice makes perfect!)
- For the cilantro-chili sauce, combine the chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, and chopped cilantro in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer then transfer to a serving dish.
- To cook the dumplings, bring a large wok or pot of water with a few slices of ginger added to it to a boil.
- Add about a dozen dumplings to the pot (depending on the size of your pot - you don't want to overcrowd it).
- Cover the pot and bring back to a boil.
- Once boiling, add 1 cup of cold water, cover, and return to a boil.
- Once boiling again, add another cup of cold water and return to a boil (uncovered). Repeat this process once more so that three cups of cold water have been added.
- Remove the dumplings from the water.
- Serve with the cilantro-chili sauce and enjoy!